Diagnosis Coding Pro for Home Health and DecisionHealth present…
Don’t get left behind: Get the latest Coding Clinic & CMS coding guidance
Recorded • Wednesday, March 1, 2017
On Demand access!
Keeping up with the constant Coding Clinic updates can be overwhelming—we hear you. Now more than ever, coders are scrambling to stay on top of the constant changes to coding guidance.
If you’re not a Coding Clinic paid subscriber—don’t fret. It’s imperative to us that your agency gets the comprehensive summary of the past two quarters of Coding Clinic guidance so your coders get the updates they need to ensure they are in compliance.
Gather your coding staff and join home health coding expert Trish Twombly for a detailed summary of the two most recent quarters of Coding Clinic guidance that directly impact your home health coding, including:
- Learn the new rules of joint replacement coding, stay in compliance
- Get the latest update on how to sequence COPD scenarios, specifically when the COPD is exacerbated and lower respiratory infections are involved
- To code or not to code from a pathology report
- Guidance on how to capture diagnoses involving viral sepsis
- Take note of new allowable diabetic manifestation assumptions, including cataracts and osteomyelitis
- How to code osteoarthritis when the type is not specified
- Whether to assign a dementia code for a patient with Lewy body dementia
- How to code hypertension and chronic kidney disease secondary caused by polycystic kidney disease.
- The latest from CMS on when it’s appropriate to assign “active diagnoses” in M1028 Bonus: Get an update on the coding case-mix changes finalized in the 2017 PPS rule that took effect Jan. 1.
With this on-demand webinar, you’ll be one step closer to accurately coding claims and getting the rightful reimbursement your agency is entitled.